GNG ACADEMY - HANDOVER SESSION 1
WARM UP - SHADOW TAG (10 MINS)
Setup a circle or square area and put the players into pairs
- Game 1: The aim of the game is for players to try and tag their partner, if the player chasing tag their partner then they swap roles.
- Game 2: Give both players a ball and repeat game 1
- Game 3: Have one ball between each pair and do timed 1v1 games with random seconds (less than a minute) players change partners after every mini 1v1 game.
Movement/Speed: Encourage players to explore different ways that they can twist and turn as well as change speed to help them avoid being tagged or loose the ball in game 3
Awareness: Encourage attackers to keep their eyes up whilst moving to help them to make quick decisions.
1v1s: As the attackers are playing in a 1v1 situation, they will need to adjust their body and ways in which they move to help them get success in this situation. Encourage players to explore different ways of adding disguise, changes of direction and feints to help them evade their opponents.
Coaching debrief at the end of the games
- Ask the players what they had to do to avoid being tagged or lose the ball, don't forget to drill down into the whys.
SKILL SESSION - GO-GO GATES (10 MINS)
Split the group into two teams
One team that has to defend the gates and stop the other team from being able to get through.
The attackers must move through the gates by working together with their team mates to find ways of moving the defenders away from the gates.
Count scores and see which team can score by getting through the most gates in one minute and swap over, play 3 times
Movement & Change of Direction Encourage the players to move at different speeds and to think about change of direction to confuse the defenders. Use body feints to move the defender to create space.
Coaching Interventions: Ask the players types of body feints and how using them will confuse the defenders
1v1 Multi-Goals (20 MINS)
Set up 4 goals (Bazookas or Cones)
Players have to try and score by getting into the area of any of the four goals. If the attacker scores, they keep possession and restart by bringing the ball into play from the goal but cannot score in that same goal.
1v1 Focus: Keep on the players on point using what they have learned so far in beating the players
- Game 2: Progress to a 2v2
- Game 3: If time move to a 3v3